WEEK FOUR – Consider what brings joy into your life
“Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
- Find a quiet 15-20 minutes and a spot where you can be alone.
- Bring your journal and a pen and begin writing.
- Write down the people, places, things, and thoughts that bring you the most happiness.
- Write down why they bring you happiness.
- Make a plan to incorporate more of those people and things that bring you happiness into your daily life.