WEEK THREE – Spend quality time with a dear friend or loved one
“Anything that’s human is mentionable, and anything that is mentionable can be more manageable. When we can talk about our feelings, they become less overwhelming, less upsetting, and less scary. The people we trust with that important talk can help us know that we are not alone.” – Fred Rogers
- Set aside time during the week to spend quality time with someone special – a friend, a spouse or partner, or perhaps a family member. Do not let anything else get in the way of your planned time. Block this time off in your calendar if necessary.
- TURN OFF YOUR PHONE. Don’t check a single text, app, or e-mail during this time.
- Genuinely converse with the person. Ask them questions, don’t just talk about yourself. Thank them for being such a great support in your life.
IDEAS FOR QUALITY TIME:
- Go for a walk around your neighborhood or a park
- Meet up at a local café or restaurant
- Go hiking together
- Make a meal together and then sit and enjoy eating and conversing
- Go on a scenic drive together
What are some of your favorite ideas for quality time? Share in comments below!